I use Albatross bars for touring and am very happy with them.

Drops are very popular among the U.S. touring crowd.  European, South
American and Asian cycle tourists are far more likely to use swept
back bars (many of which are similar but inferior to Albatross) and
even straight bars for touring.

It really is a personal choice.  However, Albatross bars can and do
make a wonderful touring choice for many.