I use the inexpensive Planet bike 1 watt light and have used two of
them mounted on my bar. These seem to have enough brightness for me to
see fine up to about 18 mph. I'd love a Son 28 built on a A719 rim to
match my back wheel but this combo with the lights is over $500. I can
buy two 2 watt Plant bike lights for around $100 and get some AA
rechargeable batteries and be fine I think. My 1 watt PB light is as
bright as my Fenex L2d flashlight in the standard high power mode (107
lumens) so two 2 watt lights ought to be plenty. The only problem I
can see is that these lights are not the best for oncoming traffic
like the generator lamps are and some of the battery powered German
made lamps.