Michael:

I agree the OP is well advised to consider a battery light.

However, for the money I think a Busch Muller Ixon IQ is a better
choice for on road riding.  I have a DiNotte set and still use the
tail light.  The DiNotte headlight while quite bright does not have
the focused head light style beam as the Ixon.

The Ixon is heavier and somewhat larger than the DiNotte.  So if
mounting is an issue, the DiNotte may be the better choice.