It's nothing like you describe, but when it's cold here, my fingers
have been happiest in the sort of military gloves that Riv has sold a
couple of times in the recent past.  Each finger is in its own little
sleeping bag and the outer nylon layer is tight enough to keep out the
wind.  Looks like they're not currently on the 'clothing' page.
Someone at work compared them to snowmobile gloves.