+1 on the Bar Mitts.  I got a pair last year knowing that it was a
coin toss whether they would end up in the toy pile or tool pile of my
cycling gear - mainly due to the mild winters I enjoy in NC.

Lo and behold, they showed up right before NC started the longest
sustained "cold snap" we've seen in decades.  So, last year, they were
priceless.  :-)

One evening, I was riding home from work with temps in the mid-20's.
I had to take off my gloves because my hands were burning up in gloves
tucked inside the Bar Mitts.  I finished the ride with bare hands in
Bar Mitts.

My expectation is that they'll remain on again/off again from season
to season here in NC, would be of little value further south of here,
and would be golden north of here.   So, while your mileage *will*
vary based on your winters, I'm completely convinced that they're
effective at what they're designed to do.

Jack

---
Jack Warman
Durham, NC