I've tried a couple of WTB saddles (Vigo and Pure V), and while
they're OK, neither completely got rid of my soft tissue discomfort.

Two that do work for me are a Specialized Alias on my go-fast, and the
wider Terry Liberator Y "Gelissimo". For a B17 replacement, I'd
recommend the Terry.  its gel layer is firm enough to not feel
squishy, and the cutout is well placed to relieve the pressure that
causes me pain.

BTW, I have slotted a B17 and a Flyer, and that does help.  My
process:  Start with a 1/2" drill to enlarge the existing vent holes,
drill more holes in between and (for my anatomy) one more hole forward
of the forward hole, then trim out the waste with a razor knife.  A
sharp vegetable peeler works well as a skiver to smooth and shape the
edge of the cutout.  Ride it, see where you still have contact with
the edges, and trim to suit.  If you reach underneath and give
yourself a poke, you may be amazed at how much flesh extends through
the hole - all that was getting crushed before   You might want to
wait until the neighbors aren't looking to try that.  Burnish the raw
cut edge with some Proofide and the round shaft of a screwdriver.  If
the saddle wants to sag too much, drill a few holes along the bottom
edge and lace it up with a leather shoelace.

Bill