Happy New Year to all.  2010 was a really awesome "bike year" for me.
I bought my first Rivendell (for starters... WOO HOO!!!)  Some of the
memorable things from 2010 included a trip to the National Bike Summit
in Washington (I arrived on bike), a week of awesome mountain biking
in Colorado (Crested Butte and Monarch Crest), and did some fantastic
rides in my own backyard.  But what brought me the most joy was
renaissancing (and giving away) some really beautiful bikes.  I didn't
realize how busy I was until I counted them up... I actually
"produced" (ie built up/configured/renaissanced) a total of 10 bikes
this year, giving away six of them to family members, who rediscovered
their lost love of riding through these bikes... gee, no wonder I had
so much fun.

Here's a list of the bikes I produced:

The One / Beer Truck (1985 Stumpjumper renaissance) -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4415139338/in/set-721576235...
Son of Beast - 2007 Salsa Ala Carte (roadster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4105602987/in/set-721576226...
Drumpy - (1984 Stumpjumper)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4470313095/in/set-721576235...
The Mongo Rando - (1985 Mongoose ATB)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4766606606/in/set-721576243...
Trek 950 -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4521901555/in/set-721576237...
Princess Fiona - late 80s Giant Rincon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/4778621704/in/set-721576237...
Big White Boy - 1990 Giant ATX 770 commuter (no photo)
Peter Lemonjello - 1989 yellow Rockhopper commuter with vintage parts
- no photo
Rivendell Bombadil build up -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/5024006043/in/set-721576250...
Mongo Drumbo (1985 Mongoose ATB) -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461...@n04/5310495384/in/set-721576257...

I can't imagine repeating all this in 2011, but I do have a few cool
ideas planned, including:

Hosting Riv Rally East, May 6-8 in Wellsboro PA ... WOO HOO!!!
Renaissancing his and hers Gazelle Sport Luxe bicycles, converting
from single speed coaster to 3 speed drum-brake.
Renaissancing (with period parts) an early 1983 (Tim Neenan)
StumpJumper
Resurrecting a dormant, once-renaissanced 1985 Rockhopper
Converting my 1986 Nishiki Prestige SS to both a 2-speed version and a
fully-geared version...

ALSO, Philip Williamson (aka BikeTinker) and I will be administering
the Renaissance Bicycles Group, picking up the torch from Bryan Luce
of Renaissance Bicycles.  I know that many folks in this group
regularly restore, renaissance or otherwise rejuvinate older bikes...
I'd like to invite you all to join this group, link your posts, or
simply add it to your favorites -
http://groups.google.com/group/renaissanced-bicycle-group

Hope your 2010 was great, and 2011 is even greater

Peace,
Bobby Birmingham