OK, I think what makes a Riv a Riv is that they are bikes for adults who
ride like adults. My Sam Hillborne is for some someone who doesn't race,
doesn't pretend to be a racer and isn't concerned about impressing the Cat-1
wannabes.  They are bikes for people who actually ride a bike because they
like riding not who ride bkes to be seen riding or to go faster than
everybody else. That said, I bet a lot of the people who ride Rivs can
regularaly out run riders on carbon fibre bikes. I know I do!