I used Bikely a few years ago, but now I've mostly plotted things out
in Google Maps, usually after the ride. My MO is to set out, get lost,
get found, and have a good time.

I just tagged a Google map I made yesterday (in 97128 zip) as
"Rivendell friendly," but I can't see how to search public maps. It
may just take a while to propagate. If it works, we can simply make
our maps, tag them consistently, and done. Ideally, you can go to
"Carlton OR" on Google Maps and search for 'rivendell.' It's a mixed-
terrain route from the McMinnville bike shop to the Flying M ranch (I
want to attend a bike thing there in May).
 Philip
Philip Williamsonwww.biketinker.com