A warning: I've had two rear blinkies mounted on one of those adaptors
fling themselves off the mount, hit the ground and explode after the
rear tire hit admittedly egregiously large (6" wide, 3" deep)
expansion cracks at 15+ mph. It seems that the moment or leverage of
the very rearward location makes that adaptor rather insecure.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Peter Morgano <uscpeter11...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm I prefer the Gino Mount to the nitto one,  it is a little fatter and
> mounts through the mount rather than from the back like the nitto version.
> Got mine on Amazon for 15 bucks.  The front part of my rack is occupied by
> the platrack.
>
> On Mar 17, 2012 11:38 AM, "Lisa" <ukulele.l...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Anne,
>>
>> I have the Nitto Big front rack with a flat plate as you describe.  I use
>> the plate to mount a reflector -- I don't like having a light that far
>> forward.
>>
>> My headlight is a Planet Bike Blaze 2W, designed to clamp on a handlebar.
>>  To mount my light on the rack, I use a Velo Orange small-diameter band
>> clamp and a Nitto Lamp holder (link below) to create a place to clamp the
>> handlebar mount.  This puts the light on the side of my rack in a good place
>> that doesn't interfere with low-mount panniers, an Ortlieb handlebar bag, or
>> even a Wald basket on the rack platform.
>>
>> Photo of my bike with the light mounted on the rack (look in front, just
>> below the basket):
>> http://tinyurl.com/7q2lt3q
>>
>> Nitto Lamp holder link:
>> http://tinyurl.com/72z7qca
>>
>> Lisa
>>
>> On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:11:54 PM UTC-4, Anne Paulson wrote:
>>>
>>> Probably some of you have those Nitto racks Rivendell sells. Great
>>> racks. Front and rear both have a flat plate, with a hole facing
>>> forward/backward, for (I assume) mounting a light.
>>>
>>> Can anyone name a front light (dyno-powered or battery-powered) or a
>>> rear battery-powered light that I could buy that comes with hardware
>>> suitable for mounting on a flat plate like the Nitto has? I'm
>>> mechanically challenged and can't figure out how to mount a light on
>>> one of those racks. Except an IQ Cyo, which I think will soon grace my
>>> touring bike. But that leaves rear lights or blinkies for my bike and
>>> my son's beautiful apple green Rambouillet.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -- Anne Paulson
>>>
>>> My hovercraft is full of eels
>>
>> --