Well put Erik. Are you going to grace us with a report about your
tour? Pictures? I see there are some on your blog, I hope you post
more.

Bummed we couldn't have met up when you were in my neck of the woods.
>From looking at your blog it looks like you made it into Gifford
Pinchot NF. Lots of great roads there, paved and dirt. I've done a
couple of rides through there but still feel like there's way more to
explore. Hopefully next summer.

I'm in the process or rereading Just Ride and enjoying it all over
again. Perfect reading before bed. Due to a new puppy, no long rides
but some really nice Rivish rambles through Forest Park here in
Portland. I've been watching our new puppy on my day's off while my
wife has been out of town. She returns next week so I'm looking
forward to some longer rides--Larch Mtn, Lolo Pass (Mt Hood National
Forest), Eagle Fern Park/Community of George. I'm tentatively planning
on doing these longish rides (80 to 100 miles) at a casual pace, no
stretchy bike clothes, and platform pedals. I don't drive and the bus
doesn't go to any of these places so the only way I'm gonna see them
is if I throw a leg over my bike and make a day of it.

--Mike