I read about this guy in an article in I think Dirt Rag or maybe Bicycle
Time this past spring. The article was a column by a mountain bike racer
who could not adapt to clipless, he was encouraged to try flat pedals by
his strength coach who I think was this same guy.

Anyway, it opened up a whole new world for me, I have neurological problems
with feet not taking orders from my brain when trying activate small motor
movement so after a lifetime of riding with toe clips and slotted cleats I
had to find something else. After trying and failing to be able to use
clipless pedals I gave number of flat pedals a try. what I found was that
my anxiety level while riding on city streets etc. declined significantly
and opened the way for my old confidence to return.

The other thing I noticed was how much better my pedal stroke was. This
along with months of postural restoration PT, which opened my hips and
pelvis, my pedal stroke is much lighter and is taking advantage of higher
pelvic flexibility which has reactivated my ham strings and glutes in the
pedal stroke instead of stressing my quads and knees.

I'll definitly be trying some 50-10s  this coming season. Incidently
Competitive Cyclist has them on sale now 50% off here's the link:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/specials/five-ten.498.html