I'm fine talking steel, lugs, carbon, groupsets, touring, fixies, really
just about anything bike related.  Nothing really gets me going like
talking about rider weight.  I am 6' and right around 225 pounds.  Yes, I
will be the first to admit that I need to lose some weight, but I refuse to
call myself fat.  I am a man and I am an American man.  Its my right to eat
and drink beer AND enjoy my sport.

I can ride a Riv weighing closer to 35# with a stout frame and 36 spoke
heavy wheels and have a blast.
I can also ride my carbon race bike with low spoke custom wheels and have a
blast too at half the bike weight.
I even have an old 979 set as a urban fixie, and its super fun too.

Any bike can be fun and bicycles as a whole are overbuilt to the point that
rider weight doesn't really matter.  A powerful track sprinter probably
would flex my Vitus in half, but for normal people with normal power, a
bike will perform just fine.

I will vnture a guess that most of us here have more than one bike
availiable to us.  If I am doing a fast ride, I ride my racing bike.  A
long ride on a weekend, I pick something else.  Every thing has its
specific use.   Anyone remember the movie Tin Cup, where Kevin Costner play
the back nine golf holes with only a 7 iron?  It can be done, but why would
you try?   I can tour on my carbon, but why when I have my touring bike.
I could race on my Atlantis, but why when I have a racing bike on the hook
next to it?

Scott