One thing that has always appealed to me about Rivs was their versatility.
I like that the bikes allow for opportunities, enable multiple
possibilities, rather than dictate or limit them. Yes, a true single-speed
is perhaps more "pure," but I really appreciate that Grant hit upon the
idea that a "one-at-a-time-speed" bike offers essentially all the
advantages of an "only-one-ever-speed" bike while providing more
versatility. And nothing about it detracts from setting it up as a pure
single if that's what you want.

Pete in CT