Shawn:

If you choose the 50 mm BAs just for this ride, the C & O part might
provide enough poor drainage and mud to have you wishing for something less
floaty. Remember when you leave Hancock that there are 17 miles of asphalt
you can default to on the opposite side of the canal from the C & O; the
Western Maryland Railway trail.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh