So I just got my new AHH from Riv.   I ordered it with newbaums white - and
it came with what looks like a single coat of shellac.   FYI - but it was
fine for me, I had intended on shellac anyway.   You might double check
with Riv if you don't want it shellaced at all.    I've got two coats of
amber on my white tape right now.   I think it looks and feels awesome.