What Jim says is well worth considering. I don't know how much I have in
mine but I know it would be way north of $800 if I would have bought
everything new (might be anyhow).  I had it repainted and had used parts I
on hand that I used and it still cost me a fair amount of money . The used
parts cost me something at some point in time and new cables,chain,
tire,tubes,ect. all add up. I also have enough parts that I knew if I
didn't like the setup I could always change it's hairdo That being said
it's still one of my favorite bikes but then again it fits me and I like
the ride. If I were fiscally responsible when it comes to bicycles. I
probably would have never pursued it. But I'm not.