Agreeing with the other folks here.  I've come close a few times over the
past few years to buying an older bike.  Once I've sat down and figured out
how much would be spent, have decided it wasn't worth the effort.

The other thing (and this is not a rub on the RB-T) but a lot of the older
bikes don't take the tire widths I need.  As Jim Thill is well aware, came
close to buying an older Miyata touring bike.  Once I looked and figured
out the bike might be able to fit 28s with fenders that idea went out the
window.
 Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN