I've used both 15 and 16 t outer cogs by Miche. 7 speed DA on the Ram
starts with 14. 16 is the largest, but you can fudge anything as an outer
if you are willing to compromise on cassette position and # of cogs. My 14
t "outer" is a standard "inner".

Friction shifting 9 on the Fargo now, with Silver BES -- no problem, even
with out-of-sync ramps. But I daresay I shift less than many, and am less
concerned with precision and that, as they always say, YMMAVCWV.

http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com