My experience doesn't reflect this. I recently picked up a low trail
Rawland Nordavinvden, and it handles very well with no load and high, wide
bars (above saddle by maybe 1.5")  I actually haven't even ridden it with
any front load yet.

Though I also like my higher trail, stiffer tubed Crosscheck as well.

Eric Daume
Dublin, OH