Update now that I have had a chance to ride with the 5-10's on VP pedals.
Big thumbs up so far. The combination of the sticky rubber of the shoe and
the pins on the pedal give a super solid feel during all types of pedaling
e.g. cruising, high cadence, out of the saddle, and climbing.
Highly recommend this combination for all aspiring un-racers.