Steve,

Seriously I've been using the iris cages now for two months with kleen
kanteens and admit they are a stiff pull, but in those two months I've
become use to them. I have never attempted to pull the third one bottom of
down tube  while riding as I believe you would need to have the flexibility
of a circ du soleil performer.

Perhaps you can hand bend them out a bit then mount them.

I used the Velo-Orange retro cages and they held the Kleen Kanteens okay
but on any rough terrain they rattled which was annoying.

Hugh
Sunland, Ca