On 08/01/2013 07:48 PM, Hugh Smitham wrote:
Steve,

Seriously I've been using the iris cages now for two months with kleen kanteens and admit they are a stiff pull, but in those two months I've become use to them. I have never attempted to pull the third one bottom of down tube while riding as I believe you would need to have the flexibility of a circ du soleil performer.

I hope nobody thought I was trying to get a bottle out of the under-the-downtube cage while riding! No, I stole two Iris cages off the downtubes of two bikes and temporarily replaced the standard location cages that had broken on my Longstaff. Went for a ride and discovered I simply couldn't get the bottles out unless I stopped and used two hands to pull the bottles out.

Perhaps you can hand bend them out a bit then mount them.

I didn't want to do that, because I had every intention of eventually putting them back from where I'd cannibalized them, and you really don't want a loose bottle between the down tube and the front wheel.