Feel free to contradict me on this one but I think rust concerns are highly
exaggerated.  Agree that the external may be caused by sweat dripping onto
the frame but of course the paint has to compromised in some way for rust
to start.  I live within a few miles of the ocean & have a 30+ year old
steel UJB that has little rust.  One of my touring buds lives on a
peninsula, surrounded by the ocean, and his 15 year old steel bike has
little rust, despite a complete absence of cleaning or other maintenance
(makes GP's bike look new).

If the price is right, strip it down, clean it up, liberally apply rust
inhibitor to the interior, touch up the paint & enjoy.

dougP