Jim,

I'm late to this, but as a data point: I have a PBH of 100 cm I would not
expect to get the bars anywhere near high enough with that Soma frame and a
Tallux stem. High enough for me means at least saddle height or higher. To
illustrate: I have a 66 cm Peugeot frame with a level top tube. On that
bike I have a 100 mm Dirt Drop stem (which is taller than the Tallux with
225 mm of quill) and bars with ~40 mm of rise (i.e. not drops) and the
grips are only a little above saddle height. I'd want them even higher if
they were drop bars. I know ST angle and HT extension could make things
different but hopefully it gives you an idea, at least.

Tom