And this conversation is why I enjoy the Riv List in the Winter months.
Lots of talk.  Lots of opinions.   Here's mine :

We talk and talk and talk about fit and sizing.   When it comes down to it,
if you aren't 100% sure on the fit, don't buy it online.  I make many
purchases online, but almost never shoes or pants.  Those are things where
fit matters to me.   Someday Soma might either build more or distribute
them better and there might be one at a shop near you.  Sit on it and see.

Realistically though, expecting a small company to make a stock frame to
fit short or tall people at the two extremes really isn't going to happen.
 Like it or not, the world is built around the 5' 9" unisex humanoid.   At
6foot and 210# I can shop for clothing at WalMart and bikes from just about
anyone.  If I was 6' 9" and 350#, I'd be heading to the big and tall shop
and riding a custom or tall specific frame from a company like Rivendell.

Seriously, how many companies stop at a 60-63cm frame.  Be happy with a 65.

Cheers,
Scott Henry
Dayton, OH

FTM-PTB