It's a threaded quill on the Soma, so no spacers.

I have one of those 225mm Nittos sitting around.  If that's not long enough
to make the handlebars level with the seat, then the bike is not
acceptable.  That's what I'm trying to work out in my mind.  I will wait to
talk to Boulder Cycles before going any farther.  I can make adjustments to
fit, but only within reasonable parameters.

I did talk to Rivendell this morning.  They think a 64 Sam would probably
fit, ostensibly because the TT upslopes 6 degrees.  My PBH is 99  The 64 is
more than the other sizes though because they have to order it as a one-off
from Waterford and thusly it's $300 more and the lead time is longer.  So
rather than being $700 more, it's $1000 more, basically three times the
price.

Of course, I have no doubt in my mind that I would like it if Rivendell
says I would like it, so there's that.  It's just that, getting a Sam would
involve me offloading my existing Rivendell most likely and that's an
emotional thing.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They've simply made the seat tube overly long, but the top of the head
> tube itself is well lower than the top of the ST.  If you like lower bars,
> that'll be great. If you want higher bars without lots of spacers or
> extenders , not so great. Back to using a long quill adapter on a brand new
> frame?  You really should not have to do that with a new frame if it is
> made to fit you.   If the steering tube is long enough before cut you can
> add some spacers, but only so many.  It's rather the opposite of a Riv type
> frame where the top of the HT is well above the top of the ST.  It's more
> like a track bike proportion.
>

> On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:17:08 PM UTC-5, Jim Bronson wrote:
>>
>> Why do you say it's more like a 60 or 61?  Don't really care about
>> standover to tell you the truth, just want a comfortable, well balanced
>> ride.
>>
>>  --

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!