I live in the land of salsa, the land of HATCH -- salsas with, and even
more without, tomatoes, salsas red, green, chipotle, jalapena, corn, hot,
medium, mild, big industry, boutique, local -- good restaurants here make
their own, along with their own chips (not "nachos" fer gawd's sake!); even
perverse, yuppie fruit salsas. The standard grocery condiment aisle has
dozens of choices. But, wonderful as they are, they aren't ketchup! -- they
don't have the required sweetness (required for french fries, imo -- just
not too much of it).