Almost 10 years ago, I bought a 1991 Waterford Paramount frame. Besides the
sexy pearly metallic red color, the most noticeable thing about the frame was
its True Temper OS stickers. OS was for over-sized. I didn't understand at the
time why they made such a big deal out of the OS tubes when the tube diameters
seemed to match those of my Atlantis. Now nobody puts OS stickers on a bike, or
advertises oversized tubes, because it's more or less the standard (to the
extent that there is a standard). Many people who still use the "oversized"
term are antiquarians who prefer old technology and use the term somewhat
derisively. When discussing this subject, I started using the term "undersized"
to turn the tables on the derision ;)

Personally, as a dude who floats between 175-200 lbs, I don't care for the feel
of the old skinnier, flexier tubing. I won't say that it's unsafe, exactly, but
I do find the flex to be disconcerting at times.