Hi Keith. That second QB 650b conversion on Jim Cyclofiend's website is mine. I
bought the frame/fork/brakes/wheels from Rich. I'll post something more
detailed in the morning, but in short, I could fit Hetres in there no problem.
But the increased pneumatic trail made the famously stable Riv ride too
sluggish for me. So I switched to Soma B-lines and have been quite happy. As
Bill alludes to, however, that BB gets pretty low, which is an issue since I'm
riding the QB fixed. I use 165mm cranks, but am wedded to toe clip technology.
It took some time before I found a pedal + toe clip combo that wouldn't scrape
the ground when walking the bike. (I use MKS Sylvan Lites and Soma double-gated
clips.) Despite it all, I have yet to have a real pedal strike incident and I
ride that bike the most frequently as it's my commuter (which means I'll
probably go down tomorrow). I'm not a racer though, but neither am I tootler.
Or maybe I'm an unracer and untootler or somethinglikethat.

Best regards,
Lee