I started commuting almost exactly a year ago and thought that figuring out a
good breakfast option would be important... As it turns out I don't like
consuming anything pre ride.  Fruit and cereal made me feel sluggish and I
stopped experimenting there. We do eat dinner relatively late (ranging
730-830pm) which may contribute.

In general I make poor food choices compared to most of what you all have
shared here! I figure the biking is one way to counter the bad eating habits.
After a year of averaging 3 or so days a week (15 mike round trip) I've held a
very steady weight all year and feel better all around, much stronger in the
legs of course.

Maybe in year two I'll push towards making some better breakfast and lunch
choices!