From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Kelleher, Martin
Sent: 23 July 2012 15:56
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Christianity-centric terminology in RDA

Hi Richard

Nope! Well not uniformly, not by a long chalk. We use fairly nonstandard
headings (although not as nonstandard as I thought, apparently), and
internally maintained authorities, although bulk loads of ebooks mean we
go for NAF headings where consistency can be maintained with our own
standards where possible. I guess we may go more or less standard
according to how fully we apply RDA....

The BL isn't entirely NACO though, is it? There always seem to be
inconsistencies between the BL, LoC and OCLC anyway, as far as I can
tell, but maybe I've not checked up on it so much recently.....

Cheers!

Martin

Experience the British Library online at http://www.bl.uk/

The British Library’s new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2010/11 :
http://www.bl.uk/annualreport2010-11http://www.bl.uk/knowledge

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
mailto:postmas...@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The British
Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

 Think before you print