On 10/9/2012 12:37 PM, JOHN C ATTIG wrote:

I would not focus too much on whether the relationship applies to all
expressions of the work.  If the relationship involves the realization
rather than the creation of the work, then it is an expression-level
relationship.

The problem with this is that if the person DOES contribute to every single expression, if their contribution is actually fundamental to the work, but our rules/structures only allow it to be _recorded_ at the expression level -- then it needs to be redundantly recorded multiple times for every expression, and re-entered every time there's a new expression with a new expression record, and there's opportunity for them all to be out of sync.

This is an odd modelling choice for RDA to make, I can't think of what motivated it.