Hi Cathy

I don't believe there's any conflict here, between what you want to do
(use "Emergency traffic control for responders" as the title proper) and
what RDA is telling you to do in 2.3.2 Title proper and 2.3.4 Other
title information.

The title proper is defined as "the chief name of a resource, i.e. the
title normally used when citing the resource"; and other title
information is defined as "the information which appears in conjunction
with, and is subordinate to, the title proper".

I do not believe that a phrase appearing above another phrase on a title
page necessarily makes it more important - you can use your judgement to
determine which phrase is intended as the chief name, and which phrase
is subordinate.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jenny Wright