Ben,

I think the "/" should indeed be replaced by a "=" according to 1.7.3, as it obviously is a case of parallel statements of responsibility (i.e. two different RDA elements). But I'd find it odd to have only "Mit Beiträgen von" as one of these statements of responsibility. As this is only an introductory phrase, it somehow seems to miss the point.

I wonder if we could solve this problem by making use of RDA 1.7.7 "Lettersor Words Intended to Be Read More Than Once": "If a letter or word appears only once but the design of the source of information makes it clear that it is intended to be read more than once, repeat the letter or word."

Perhaps we could argue that on these title pages, the names are intended to be read twice, once with the German introductory phrase, and a second time with the English introductory phrase. Then you'd have:

mit Beiträgen von X, Y, Z = with contributions by X, Y, Z ; hg. von A = ed. by A

Does that make sense?

Heidrun