Dear Yan,

I will take the liberty of stepping in and responding to this, as Judy may not
be aware of the background to your enquiry.

The issue you refer to was one of several identified by the Technical Group on
the adoption of RDA in France.  Many of the issues identified by this group
were discussed by EURIG (the European RDA Interest Group) at the EURIG
Technical Meeting, hosted by BNF, in Paris on 27 January 2012.

There was a consensus at the meeting that it would be desirable for RDA to
provide alternative instructions that would not mandate any particular order of
elements when constructing an access point.  However, EURIG has not prioritised
this work and no proposal has been put to JSC and none is currently planned.

Kind regards,

Alan

Alan Danskin

Vice-Chair EURIG