John,

Thanks for that clarification. One question: What is PSOC? Partial State Of
Charge?

Dick Ratico
Solarwind Electric

--- You wrote:
Jason, Wrenches,

Thank you for your patience and positive statements on Trojan Battery Company.
Last week was a busy and I was away from my desk most of the time with limited
access to Internet.

Both the Premium "RE" versions L16RE-A and L16RE-B, and, the Signature  L16P &
L16H are great deep-cycles lead acid batteries for solar applications. The key
differences between them are:

u  The grid is thicker for the Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16RE-B, which
effectively reinforces further the frame strength which results into a greater
corrosion resistance;

u  There is relatively more electrolyte in contact with the plates in the
Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16REB, which enhances the electrochemical reaction,
particularly during PSOC;

u  The rubber-based multi-rib geometry separator is approx. 30% thicker for the
Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16RE-B, which translates into a longer life of the
separator. The thicker multi-ribs geometry keeps over time the acid channels
open longer, promoting the flow of the electrolyte . As a result, the thicker
separator is reducing the risk of stratification and enhancing electrochemical
processing throughout the plates, resulting into longer continuous performance
of the battery.

u  In the approx. same form factor (except the height), this results into more
lead per Ah capacity on the L16-RE units nameplate.

As a consequence, the cycling performances of the Premium "RE" is 1,600 cycles @
50% DOD and 4,000 cycles @ 20% DOD. Respectively 1,200 cycles # 50% DOD, and,
3,000 cycles @ 20% DOD @ 20% DOD, for the L16-P & L16-H.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can shed further light on other attributes
of lead acid batteries.

Sunniest regards,

John

John F. DeBoever
Global Technical & Projects Director - Renewable Energy
Trojan Battery Company
--- end of quote ---