Jesse,
For a particular shingle, it should be held down at the shingles upper and
lower overlap.  remove all the screws from that particular shingle, a bit
wider and then possibly the row above it as well to allow for some
flexibility.
The shingle should just wiggle in and out of place.

If this roof is moulded to appear like a tile (like this… DECRA Tile
<http://www.decra.com/index.php/products/tile> )  or can easily be damaged
by stepping on the wrong spot, here are a couple tips…
-leave your work boots in the truck and wear some sturdy sneakers/running
shoes.  Something that doesn't have as wide a sole as typical work boots.
-this might help too, I just noticed this.… Walking Instructions
<http://www.decra.com/index.php/products/walking-instructions> .
-it doesn't suggest this in the 'walking instructions' but a roofer who only
works with this type shared this tip with me and works great! lay strips
(10", 12" or 16" for example) of plywood or board across the shingles and
only walk on the strips.  You can place them along the rows (horizontal), or
across several rows (vertical). They distribute your weight and do not slide
if the shingle coating is an aggregate.

Have fun!

benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc.
www.daystarsolar.ca
780-906-7807
Construction Electrician Solar PV Systems Certified
Certificate # 0007S
HAVE A SUNNY DAY