This thread actually brings up issues I've struggled with for years too.
QOs are really not good for over 50 v. The panel mount QOUs are really expensive and special order. I believe they're only good to 125 vdc, so that not much help with higher voltage arrays. There are much better breakers available for DC now. The problem is mounting them. Panel mount DC breakers are a PITA to wire blind, but that's how most enclosures like Outback's work. This isn't just an installers whining either, I have a repair call right now from a loose rear breaker connection from another installer. It charred the wire for 6" and melted the breaker. Midnite usually saves the day on stuff like this, but their Mini and Quad boxes are too small for wire over #6, and I just can't recommend the MNDC 15, because again, its just to tight and hard to access the breaker rear connections. Their Mini DC box is decent, and mounts the post style breakers sideways for better access. I use it for many more custom things. I also use their MNPV 6 combiner as an indoor DC load center. I don't like the plastic front, but its the right size and can mount most DIN rail breakers. I still dream of a DC box the size of the MNPV 6 or QO 6 circuit load center that mounted DIN rail on the front with a metal cover plate, and mounted the panel mount breakers on the sides. Seems like a simple enough concept, but no one will build it. I would use it for DC distribution, but primarily as WIlliam's need: a recombiner for in and out for several Charge controllers.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician