DC breaker systems should be designed similar to
AC bolt on breaker systems that are used for many
commercial and industrial applications.

The explanation for the fact that these don't
exist has to do with the cost of designing and
listing the equipment. There is no technical
reason that a DC enclosure needs to be any more
difficult to wire than an off the shelf AC box.

The AC breakers in any solar enclosure should
certainly be standard snap on breakers. Once the
power has been inverted to AC, there is no
reason  to require anything other than standard code requirements.

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC
OH License 44810
CO License 3773