Jay
Just finished using S5PV railess on standing seam roof 12x12 pitch.  Worked
great, but wire management was challenging with minimal clearance under
modules.  Had to think ahead to make it work.  And still was a struggle.  I
also used 6 rather then 4 per module to even out the loads on the roof
panels.  I feel confident that it is solid, but I know how the roof was
connected to include proper clip spacing and screw size for maximum wind
load here in the Columbia Gorge and proper tacking of the top of the panel
under the ridge to prevent sliding down.  If I had it to do over I would
however have used rails to make wire management easier!

Bill