The last time I looked at an engineered ballasted on the ground type of mount:

90 MPH micro burst/120 MPH winds came in at 18 # of ballast per sqft of module
on a 38 deg rack with the leading edge at 3’ AFG. This was simple on flat
ground.

Back to the rock situation:

I would suspect drilling rebar at opposing angles and creating a concrete pad
with a rebar cage on a rock out-cropping would be a very stable platform
depending on access to the location. I have hired a concrete pump trailer  to
overcome the 150’ distance from truck access to the array location.

Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.

C - 208.721.7003                       d...@solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                        <http://www.solarwork.biz>
www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"