From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> on behalf of Dave
Angelini Offgrid Solar <offgridso...@sti.net>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:49 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Module-Level Shutdown for off grid systems

Thanks Jason,

I have one question on the sentence,

". If a dc circuit comes from the PV array and enters a home then you need a
means to bring that circuit below 30V before attaching to, or entering, the
home. That might be a readily accessible disconnect (marked as an RS initiation
device) not mounted on the home or some type of remote relay (listed to 1741
RS) operated by an RS initiation switch on the home."

An example of what I have done many times. There is a 600v square D disco
mounted on the garage exterior wall from a ground mounted array. The garage is
attached to the home.

Is thIs meeting the intent here please?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar"we go where powerlines
don't"http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/e-mail
offgridso...@sti.net<mailto:offgridso...@sti.net>text 209 813 0060

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 22:14:10 +0000, "Jason Fisher (STC)" <stc.ja...@gmail.com>