From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Jeff
Clearwater
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:20 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] SolarReady Service Panel vs adding Supply Side
connection?

Esteemed Wrenches,

I am in need of changing out an existing 200 Amp service entrance in order to
accommodate a bus capable of handling a a 200 Amp Solar backfeed (41 KW system)
.

PG&E is upgrading the transformer to handle the backfeed but when I proposed a
Siemens SolarReady 400 Amp service entrance they couldn't approve it cause
since the building is a shop - they classify it as commercial and require a
panel that can handle CTs when there is a 400 Amp service involved.

Anyone else faced with this have solutions?  What is the cheapest equipment I
can provide to satisfy all requirements?

We don't need to upgrade the existing 200 amp service entrance equipment for
load purposes - only to meet the bus requirements of backfeed.

Would it be cheaper and easier to use the existing (or new) 200 Amp residential
panel - not call it a 400 Amp upgrade but simply add a 200 Amp Supply Side
Connection?  Suggested equipment to do that in the most economical manner?

Any help well appreciated!

Jeff

--

Jeff Clearwater