> I'm wondering if grammer rules apply though.  I'm afraid that the answer
> is lost in antiquity.  Perhaps we could ask Kernighan?
>
> > On the subject of capitalization, UNIX(tm) was originally spelled in all
> > caps as an acronym.  It didn't stand for anything, but that's how it was
no.  the first time I saw it (1977), it was in common practice in lower case.
_everything_ on unix was in lowercase (an irritant to those of us used to
keyboards that couldn't do that - mixed case terminals cost more...).

that was before the legal people took over & changed things.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]