On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Avijit Ghosh wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Chuck Mead wrote:
> modules or am I getting weird errors because I did an upgrade path? Since
> the 2.4.2-2 source is sitting around i'll try recompiling that and see if
> it helps..

file (which is set to p2 rather than p3 ?) && recompiled. I get the same
error messages which can be sumarized as (i'm hand typing these in since
its off the net)

pcmcia:: /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o invalid param.
parm_do_scan

ds: no socket drivers loaded

pcmcia ds.o insmod errors caused by invalid IO or IRQ parameters
pcmcia: cardmgr.
pcmcia: init_module: Operation not permitted
cardmgr: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices

modprobe: can't locate soundervice-0.0, sound-slot-1, sound-service-1-0

no managerpm module error anymore tho.,

        Any ideas?

        -avi