On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Chuck Mead wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Avijit Ghosh blurted out:
> The only thing I can think is that maybe your ISO was bad?
>
> --
> Chuck Mead, csm -AT- moongroup.com, Owner, MoonGroup.com
> (Note: html formatted email sent to me is filtered & deleted unread)
> GnuPG Public Key Available: http://wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

        Out of curiousity are you using the kernel pcmcia subsystem
or the standalone subsystem. I *think* rh7.1 is supposed to be setup by
default for the kernel subsystem but i've realized the pcmcia  config file
in /etc/sysconfig is wrong (from reading the pcmcia-cs standalone docs ::
i.e  rh7.1 is set up for kernel subsystem but the /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
has PCIC=i82365 rather than yenta_socket).I'm going to try both (stand alone
:: kernel) recompiling and cleaning  both times the off. the kernel one
seems  a bit scary (at least according the  the stand alone docs, but i
think rh  is using it so... ?). One really  weird thing is snagging the
last 3.1.25  pcmcia-cs w/ the 2.2.17 kernel the  xircom cardbus enet card
now doesn't  work.. i seem to be able to snag dhcp  addresses but  nothing
seems to be  routing out..  Luckily (and  unfathomably) the aironet  cards
work fine w/  the 2.2.17 so there is a version of my machine on the net ..
:).. i still  get the weird sound module errors w/ both 2.2 2.4 but sound
seems to work fine...

        -avi