On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Avijit Ghosh blurted out:

AG>On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Chuck Mead wrote:
AG>
AG>> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Avijit Ghosh blurted out:
AG>> The only thing I can think is that maybe your ISO was bad?
AG>>
AG>> --
AG>> Chuck Mead, csm -AT- moongroup.com, Owner, MoonGroup.com
AG>> (Note: html formatted email sent to me is filtered & deleted unread)
AG>> GnuPG Public Key Available: http://wwwkeys.us.pgp.net
AG>
AG>     Out of curiousity are you using the kernel pcmcia subsystem
AG>or the standalone subsystem. I *think* rh7.1 is supposed to be setup by
AG>default for the kernel subsystem but i've realized the pcmcia  config file
AG>in /etc/sysconfig is wrong (from reading the pcmcia-cs standalone docs ::
AG>i.e  rh7.1 is set up for kernel subsystem but the /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
AG>has PCIC=i82365 rather than yenta_socket).I'm going to try both (stand alone
AG>:: kernel) recompiling and cleaning  both times the off. the kernel one
AG>seems  a bit scary (at least according the  the stand alone docs, but i
AG>think rh  is using it so... ?). One really  weird thing is snagging the
AG>last 3.1.25  pcmcia-cs w/ the 2.2.17 kernel the  xircom cardbus enet card
AG>now doesn't  work.. i seem to be able to snag dhcp  addresses but  nothing
AG>seems to be  routing out..  Luckily (and  unfathomably) the aironet  cards
AG>work fine w/  the 2.2.17 so there is a version of my machine on the net ..
AG>:).. i still  get the weird sound module errors w/ both 2.2 2.4 but sound
AG>seems to work fine...

Just FYI...

[root@localhost /root]# rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.1.24-2

[root@localhost /root]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipchains               38976   0  (unused)
mousedev                4160   1
hid                    11776   0  (unused)
input                   3488   0  [mousedev hid]
autofs                 11264   1  (autoclean)
serial_cs               4912   0  (unused)
pcnet_cs               10656   1
8390                    6816   0  [pcnet_cs]
ds                      7280   2  [serial_cs pcnet_cs]
yenta_socket           11440   2
pcmcia_core            43072   0  [serial_cs pcnet_cs ds yenta_socket]
nls_iso8859-1           2880   1  (autoclean)
nls_cp437               4384   1  (autoclean)
vfat                    9392   1  (autoclean)
fat                    32672   0  (autoclean) [vfat]
usb-uhci               20720   0  (unused)
usbcore                49664   1  [hid usb-uhci]

[root@localhost /root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=