On Thu, May 24, 2018, at 12:37, Pieter Vandepitte wrote:
> The only thing that bothers me in general (not only for this extension)
> is the low participation in discussion making it difficult to develop a
> specification that fits all needs.

I think there was quite a lot of participation at the beginning, hence the
change from reseller-centric to more generic. After that, my gut feeling is
that no other registry needs it right now. Maybe in the future, and like you
say they are waiting for it to be an RFC.

> I do not agree with you regarding not moving forward.

I did not say not to go forward, sorry if I miscommunicated.
On the contrary, the consensus is clear, even if the participation is not
overwhelming. Go forward :-)

> It is certainly not my intention to try to convince you to approve the
> draft. I will continue my write-up but I will write down your concerns
> and it's up to others to decide whether the Draft can become a Proposed
> Standard

It is past LC like the chairs said, so the ship has sailed.

--
  Patrick Mevzek