On Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:51:13 PM +0100 Dieter Nützel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > With 2.4.16 +reiserfs-patches: Andrew Mortons low-latency patch
>> >
>> > http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/2.4.16-low-latency.patch.gz
>> > (from page http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/schedlat.html )
>>
>> This should be safe.  Any chance I could talk you into testing 2.4.17-pre8
>> + andrew's patch?
>
> Maybe Manuel will...;-)
>
> The latest lock-break-rml-2.4.17-pre8-1.patch from Robert is based on
> Andrew's patch and include some (small) lock-breaks for ReiserFS.
>
> Any comments Chris?
> Has Robert something overlooked?
> Maybe only when expanding-truncate-4.patch comes into play?

The lock break or the low latency patch probably break a scheduling rule in
the reiserfs code that makes holes in the file, which gets exercised by the
expanding truncate patch.  I'll take a closer look at Robert's patch.

If I'm right, than without the expanding-truncate patch you should be able to
trigger corruptions with dd if=/dev/zero of=foo seek=2000 bs=1MB count=1 with
other stuff running in the background.

-chris